Oil & Gas
|Sector Ranking||Ticker||Company Name||Listing Date||Share Price ($) 31-Dec-10||Share Price ($) 31-Dec-11||Share Price Change||2011 52 Week High/Low||Market Cap (M$) 31-Dec-10||Market Cap (M$) 31-Dec-11||Market Cap Change||Number of Shares O/S 31-Dec-11 (million)||2011 trading Volume (millions)||Analyst Coverage|
|2||AZA||Azabache Energy Inc.
|3||WZR||WesternZagros Resources Ltd.
|4||BOE||Americas Petrogas Inc.°
|5||ARW||Aroway Energy Inc.
|6||POP||Petro One Energy Corp.
|7||CPO||Compass Petroleum Ltd.*||31-May-10||1.50||1.65||10%||2.30/1.05||17.1||85.5||399%||51.8||39.69||3|
|8||PPY.A||Painted Pony Petroleum Ltd.
|9||MMT||Mart Resources Inc.
|10||OYL||CGX Energy Inc.
*Plan of arrangement with Whitecap Resources Inc. (TSX:WCP) closed on February 10 2012
Starting with 2,250 TSX Venture Exchange listed companies as of December 31, 2011, the following filters were applied:
- - Listed on TSX Venture Exchange (not NEX) on December 31, 2011
- - Market Capitalization greater than C$5 million on December 31, 2011
- - Closing share price greater than C$0.25 on December 31, 2011
- - Share price of at least C$0.10 on December 31, 2010
- - Listed on TSX Venture Exchange more than one year as of December 31, 2011
This left a remaining 535 companies that qualified for the 2012 TSX Venture 50 ranking. These companies were ranked based on an equally weighted (25%) formula with four criteria:
- 1. Share Price: one-year share price change as of December 31, 2011
- 2. Trading: one-year trading volume as of December 31, 2011
- 3. Market Capitalization: one-year market capitalization ((issued-escrow shares) x price) change as of December 31, 2011
- 4. Analyst Coverage: number of analysts covering the companies as at December 31, 2011
Historical share prices have been adjusted for dividends and/or stock consolidations. All currencies reported in Canadian dollars. TSX Venture Exchange considered companies' compliance with Exchange Requirements and exercises discretion when determining qualified candidates.Data Sources
- Share Prices and Market Capitalization: TMX Group
- Trading Volume: TMX Group
- Analyst Coverage: Capital IQ
- Dividends/Stock Splits: Capital IQ