|Sector Ranking||Ticker||Company Name||Listing Date||Share Price ($) 31-Dec-10||Share Price ($) 31-Dec-11||Share Price Change||2011 52 Week High/Low||Market Cap (M$) 31-Dec-10||Market Cap (M$) 31-Dec-11||Market Cap Change||Number of Shares O/S 31-Dec-11 (million)||2011 trading Volume (millions)||Analyst Coverage|
|1||ISC||IROC Energy Services Corp.°
|2||BTB.UN||BTB Real Estate Investment Trust°
|3||LEA||Leader Energy Services Ltd.
|4||KLS||Kelso Technologies Inc.
|5||CWC||CWC Well Services Corp.°
|6||TLA||Titan Logix Corp.
|7||TR.UN||Temple Real Estate Investment Trust°
|8||EGD||Energold Drilling Corp.
|9||LSI||Lonestar West Inc.
|10||AAR.UN||Pure Industrial Real Estate Trust
Starting with 2,250 TSX Venture Exchange listed companies as of December 31, 2011, the following filters were applied:
- - Listed on TSX Venture Exchange (not NEX) on December 31, 2011
- - Market Capitalization greater than C$5 million on December 31, 2011
- - Closing share price greater than C$0.25 on December 31, 2011
- - Share price of at least C$0.10 on December 31, 2010
- - Listed on TSX Venture Exchange more than one year as of December 31, 2011
This left a remaining 535 companies that qualified for the 2012 TSX Venture 50 ranking. These companies were ranked based on an equally weighted (25%) formula with four criteria:
- 1. Share Price: one-year share price change as of December 31, 2011
- 2. Trading: one-year trading volume as of December 31, 2011
- 3. Market Capitalization: one-year market capitalization ((issued-escrow shares) x price) change as of December 31, 2011
- 4. Analyst Coverage: number of analysts covering the companies as at December 31, 2011
Historical share prices have been adjusted for dividends and/or stock consolidations. All currencies reported in Canadian dollars. TSX Venture Exchange considered companies' compliance with Exchange Requirements and exercises discretion when determining qualified candidates.Data Sources
- Share Prices and Market Capitalization: TMX Group
- Trading Volume: TMX Group
- Analyst Coverage: Capital IQ
- Dividends/Stock Splits: Capital IQ